Tuesday, August 29

bad day

Today’s not my favorite day.

I hear the Idol theme (Daniel Powter’s Bad Day) playing in my mind and I thought the song was made just for me. I can’t even fake a smile you know. Must really be bad.

Had a conversation with my parents that kind of turned into something like a knock on my head, like a wake up call or something. They couldn’t quite believe how I’ve managed to work for over 4 years already and yet not have become truly independent. How I’ve not really took steps to secure my future. How I’m an accountant and yet I’m poor at budgeting. Why I’m spending too much on living the good life. Why I’m simply spending too much.

Then there goes the issue about my perpetual discontent. Why I can’t be happy with what I have. How I turned out to have all those ambitions. Why I tire myself with running for the longest time. Why can’t I simply stop?

I feel bad. I guess that’s how the truth really comes to you. It pricks.

I look at myself now and I know my parents really know me well.

I’m in disarray.

Brets tells me at least I have a love life. At least when times like these come, I’ve a wall to pound. They say when you’re unlucky in your love life, your career’s gonna skyrocket. Then vice-versa. But I wonder why some people get to be lucky with both.

I don’t mean to sound greedy, but sometimes I wish I could have both.

4 Comments:

Blogger *eLLe* said...

hay nako po, pareho po tayong accountant (well ako nagaaral pa lang naman) na hindi marunong magbudget. :)

4:50 PM  
Blogger luwees said...

oo nga e..at least bata ka pa.. =)

6:53 PM  
Blogger bRiGgs said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:13 PM  
Blogger bRiGgs said...

what's wrong sis?

have you forgotten something really really important? =)

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home